I love to cook big elaborate meals, but with four kids home doing homeschool, a full-time job, and a business to run — quick, easy meals are my jam right now.
A few months ago I started sprinkling ranch seasoning on tater tots every time I make them, and it’s amazing how something so simple became one of my favorite things to eat. So much so, I started having dreams about them. Then one night, I dreamt up this delicious little recipe blending all my favorite things tots, bacon, and cheese. Yum!
The first time I made it, it was a hit and it’s become one of our go-to family recipes — especially on nights when the tween and teen are designated to cook. It’s simple enough that we can make it in a pinch, and satisfying for everyone — even the pickiest of the picky eaters among us.
If you’ve read my blog before, there’s a good chance you know that we’re pretty picky about what we eat. Chloe’s not a big fan of red meat, but she loves Mongolian Beef. Trav doesn’t like cheese on or in anything but Mac ‘n Cheese. Harrison isn’t a fan of meat unless is fried. Mara will eat almost anything. Then there’s me and my husband Jordan, who eat like five-year-olds. So understand me when I tell you how huge it is to make a new recipe and have the whole family love it.
Bacon Ranch Tot-chos
- 2 bags (32 oz, frozen tater tots)
- 1 lb cooked bacon (chopped (thick cut is my favorite))
- 2 tbs Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (shredded cheddar cheese)
- ¼ cup (green onion chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line sheet pan will parchment paper.
- Place frozen tater tots in single layer on sheet pan. Sprinkle with Ranch seasoning mix.
- Top with cooked bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.